Monday, January 19, 2009

RUSKS RECIPE. ZOE GIDDY PASSED ON TO ENA GIDDY JANUARY 2009.

RUSK RECIPE January 2009.
This Recipe was originally passed to Ena Giddy by her sister in law; Zoe Giddy who is the wife of David Giddy. David is Allan Giddy’s younger Brother. David, Zoe and their children; Hugh, Jonathan and Allison all live in Australia. Ena has been making these rusks for many years and it is one of my real treats in the morning. I was worried that if I did not secure the recipe that it may be lost to our family. So on the way to Wildcliff on 12th January 2009 I stopped at Ena in Plett. Ron Pask was with me and we had a cup of tea and Ena gave me this recipe and a box of Rusks to take with me.

Step One
Flour Mixture
1 X Kilogram self Raising Flour
300g Bran Flakes
I X Cup Raisins
1 X Tea spoon Baking powder
2 X Tea Spoon Salt

Step Two
Melt 500Grams of Butter
Mix in two cups of sugar.

Step Three
Beat two eggs and 500 mil Buttermilk
Add to the Butter mix into the flour Mixture

Step Four
Bake at 180 degrees Centigrade for 45 minutes.
Cool and Cut into rusks

Step Five
Dry in oven until crisp: Be careful as you don’t want wet rusks nr do you want to burn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment