Tuesday, February 13, 2018

GARDEN ROUTE -- Three day Garden Route Tour with Peter Giddy Guided Tours. February 2018


Garden Route tours are my speciality
I am familiar with many of the Garden Route towns and what they have to offer a visitor to South Africa ---

  • Sight Seeing
  • Hiking
  • Adventure activities
  • Nature Activities
  • Beautiful walks and drives.

Find me on Trip Advisor.
If you have been on Tour with me and have not yet done a Rating -- Please do so now.

peter.giddy@gmail.com -- Email me to make bookings for this or other South African Tours and Adventures.

February 2018 --- I take three guests on a Three Day Garden Route adventure trip. 

 Theresa; Florian and Alex are from Germany.  They are in Port Elizabeth for a work assignment and have taken the weekend off to explore the Garden Route
Alex; Theresa and Florian are with the instructors -- Ruan and Christiaan on the Zip Line trail.
I fetch Florian; Theresa and Alex from their hotel in Port Elizabeth and we drive though to the TsiTsikamma where we register for the Zip Lines.
This activity takes place in the valley of the Kruis Rivier.  We have two delightful men to show us the ropes and instruct on the way to do the Zip Lining -- Christiaan and Ruan.
This is a first time activity for all three of my guests and they love every minute.
A Robberg Sea Food Combo at Moby's
 Hake and a Salad for me
Our group out to dinner at Moby's on BI (Central) beach.  Florian; Alex and Theresa
From Tsitsikamma we continue on towards Plettenberg Bay where we will spend the two nights.  We find our accommodation which is a Flat that I found and have booked for the weekend. After a short stop at the supermarket we make our way to Marrakesh -- A three bedroom with two bathrooms -- furnished with everything that we need plus more.

We unpack our stuff and fill the fridge and leave for dinner at Moby's where we have a delicious fish meal.  Prawns; Hake; Muscles and Calamari.

Running the Robberg Beach from the BI Hotel
 At the Robberg.  From the Hotel to the Rocks of Robberg and back is a 9km loop.

Saturday morning I run to the end of the Robberg.  From Marrakesh it is 12km and I run for about 90minutes.  There is a light rain falling and I feel totally brilliant running in the rain.
As it is still raining later in the morning we leave for a  late breakfast at the Harkerville Farmers Market where you can buy absolutely everything from Art Works to fresh foods and cooked meals.  And the coffees are great.  Delicious pastries are on sale.
 Harkerville Farmers Market for Breakfast and Coffee
 Knysna Elephant Sanctuary -- Tractor ride to where we find the Elephants and Zebra
 Getting up close to Sally -- The oldest elephant in the Reserve.

The rain stops and there is a glimpse of sunshine.  After a leisurely breakfast we drive to Knysna to the Heads view Point.  Looking across the entrance to the Knysna Estuary and then back across the lagoon to the town below.  We then drive back towards Plett -- and stop off at the Knysna Elephant Sanctuary where we have a great experience of close up to Elephants.  Feeding them and then being able to really get close to the oldest Elephant (Sally) is something to remember.  We drive into Plett village and look around for somewhere to have a lunch.  We end up at The Table where we order pizzas.  These are good quality pizzas with a thin crust and excellent toppings.
Alex;  Theresa and Florian -- Walking the Robberg Beach.  In the background you can see the Robberg Peninsular.
Back to Marrakesh and a bit of a relaxing time before going for a 6km walk along the Robberg beach.  We decide to try the Fat Fish for dinner.  Sitting outside under an umbrella in the cool evening.  This evening we try the meat dishes with Theresa going for a pasta meal. 


Sunday morning.
I again run the Robberg.  This morning the tide is going out and so, much to my surprise, I spot two Pansy Shells  (similar to the American Sand Dollar) which I take home.
Two pansy shells found on the Robberg beach next to the rocks
Florian trying to absorb sunlight.
We make our own breakfast this morning from some supplies that I have brought along.  Scrambled Eggs on toast; Boiled eggs for me; Fried tomato and fried banana is something new to them but I love this combination.
 At the Blaaukrans River Bridge -- Watching the Bungy Jumpers.
 On the boardwalk to the start of Canoe Trails.. Alex; Theresa and Florian at the cave which is also used for storage of the canoes and equipment overnight.
 Theresa and Alex -- ready set and go
 My group go paddling up the river mouth
Storms River Mouth... View of suspension bridges
After breakfast we pack up and leave Plett for the Blaaukrans Bridge Bungy Jumping.   We watch as people throw themselves off the bridge.
We buy some coffee which we take in the car and continue on to the Storms River Mouth in the Tsitsikamma Reserve.  We register and then drive down the hill to the mouth.  Here we check in with the Kayak and Lilo activity.  Unfortunately there is not place for me but I am happy to walk along to the launch area where they begin the canoeing. 

Everyone leaves safely and I walk back to the car where I have parked after assisting someone with starting their car.  I do some admin and relax while I wait for the group to come back to the car.
The whole activity takes them about 3 hours after which we leave for Storms River Bridge -- buy a Mugg and Bean Coffee and then drive back to Port Elizabeth where I drop my guests off at their hotel. 


This was a great weekend with wonderful friendships established. 

Peter Giddy Guided Tours
Find me on Trip Advisor -- Google "peter giddy trip advisor"
peter.giddy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment