Saturday, January 26, 2008

SUNRIDGE PARK 10KAY 26 JANUARY 2008.

SUNRIDGE PARK 10KAY. 26 January 2008. Peter runs his first local event in a very long time.

After a meeting with the Marathon committee, Graham gave me a bit of a jibe when I asked if I could have my Licence Numbers. As a result I decided to take part in the 10kay run on Saturday morning. I had planned to do a little more than 10, so ran to the start at Sunridge Park. It was a hot morning and I was grateful for the three watering points on the route.

I saw Rodney and Leslie at the start and as I began running met up with Moff. We greeted Danie and Lida VD Nest who were some of my very first running partners from over 25years ago. This route takes the runners through the suburb and gives the runner a good view of the homes of Sunridge Park. The course is not tough but is undulating and offers relief on the downhills. Moff & I ran together until about 3kays to go. I was still able to keep up the pace and managed to finish within 60minutes and was presented with a Silver Medal for my efforts.

As I sat trying to recover I saw Keith B and Peter P finishing the race. Annie and Sabine, who are Clarendon Mom’s, had been at the Achilles 10kay. They were delighted to have done their first sub 60minutes this morning. When Annie offered me a lift home I accepted without hesitation. This had been a well organised event and I was happy to have competed my first local event in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment